I've been informed that I've got over $6,000 (yup, thousand!!) to spend at Scholastic. The warehouse is in Portland. I have about 5 empty shelves, so I could really go to town, particularly with paperback series that the school doesn't have. No Magic Schoolbus! Sheesh.
Anyone have experience with this?
In other news, I'm happily settled into a rented house in Vancouver. Our wedding was absolutely great, even though it was on the HOTTEST DAY OF THE YEAR (almost 106 in Yakima that day). It was an evening wedding, and as soon as the sun set it cooled nicely and fun was had by all. The band turned out to be delightful, with a banjo and mandolin and everything! If you're familiar with Nickel Creek, you'd know the kind of sound. We sang two songs: Simple Gifts and For the Beauty of the Earth. There were twinkle lights everywhere, and the frogs were singing in the pond, and I couldn't have wished for anything lovelier. If you are on Facebook, you can visit and see more pictures.
The job is great--I've got an unusual schedule that I really like. Other schools in my district are so slammed with back-to-back classes that they're using itinerant teachers in the library. My school, on the other hand, is on an 8-day specialist rotation. I see the kids for longer (48 min) but I only see them for 6 of the 8 days. So...two days per rotation I have the library to myself and I can work on collaboration projects, management, and planning! Next week those days will be Tues and Wed...I hope to visit Portland's warehouse on Wed.
We started WCCPBA books today and between The End and Chester the overwhelming favorite is Chester. He's such a stinker cat!
Hope everyone is well!

1 comments:
I have no idea about how to visit the Scholastic Warehouse, but I think I'd like to at some point (my classroom library is mighty pitiful).
As for your musical choice I LOVE Nickel Creek, I'm so sad they aren't currently doing things together, I've seen them in concert a couple of times and they are wonderful.
Glad your library is so fabulous!
Post a Comment